- The information we collect on you
- How we use this information
- Who we share this information with
- How long we keep this information
- Your rights and options with respect to the collection and processing of your personal details
- Protection of your personal details
- External links
- International transfers
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON YOU
We receive and keep all information you input onto our Website directly. This includes information that can be used to identify you directly (‘personal information’). Personal information is, among other things, your first name, surname, telephone number, address, email address, user name and password.
You can opt not to provide us with personal information. However, generally, some information is necessary to be able to receive certain relevant offers from Contraload and its partners, and use other advantages of registration as a member. Certain information is needed if you wish to ask us any questions or carry out other transactions on our Website.
Other details we may collect are, for instance, your IP address, information identifying your equipment and information on your browser history, insofar as this information relates to you.
Information from other sources
We may occasionally receive personal and non-personal information on you from business partners and other independent third parties and add it to the information you have already provided yourself. For instance, when you visit our Website by clicking on a link to us from the website from one of our business partners on which you have registered, it is possible that information you have provided this partner with, such as your contact details and demographic information, is shared with us.
We collect information through cookies and similar technology (such as web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically saved on your computer or mobile device when visiting our Website. They are stored by your internet browser. These cookies register data on your internet use. Every time you visit the Website, your browser sends these cookies back to the Website, so that your computer or mobile device is recognised by the Website and your experience on the Website is personalised and improved.
2. HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Contraload uses the information we collect on you for the following general purposes:
- For the registration and management of your account and to enable you to visit and use our Website;
- To communicate with you in general and provide you with information on Contraload;
- To answer your questions and remarks;
- To measure your interest in our services and our Website so we can improve it;
- To inform you of any special offers and services that may be of interest to you, available with us or our partners, in compliance with your marketing preferences;
- To get to know your preferences or your opinion, among other things through surveys;
- To enable us to solve disputes or problems;
- To prevent any prohibited or illegal activities;
- To be able to enforce our General Terms and Conditions; and
- As described otherwise at the moment of the data collection.
If you have registered yourself as the owner of or provider of services, we will send you email messages to the email address you have provided us with.
3. WHO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH
Contraload may share your information with third party suppliers who provide services or carry out tasks on our behalf, such as business analyses, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may give external companies permission to collect information on our behalf, such as the information needed for the operation of certain functions on our Website. Third party suppliers only have access to information and may only collect it insofar as this is necessary for the carrying out of their assignments. They may not share or use this information for any other purposes.
It is also possible that we share your information if we deem it necessary:
- To respond to legitimate and enforceable summons, judicial orders or other legal proceedings, to exercise our legal rights, to defend ourselves against legal claims, or if required by law in any other way. In such cases, we reserve the right to use or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- In order to investigate, take preventative measures or steps with respect to illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Contraload, our customers or third parties, and related to our General Terms and Conditions of use and other agreements; or
- With respect to corporate transactions, such as split-offs, mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers or bankruptcies.
4. HOW LONG WE KEEP THIS INFORMATION
We may keep certain information on your account in our archives, also for analytical purposes and to complete our documentation. How long we hold on to this information depends on the purpose we collected and use this information for.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes or legal requirements. It is possible that we hold onto certain information during a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance in order to meet our legal obligations or exercise, defend or establish our legal rights.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
- As mentioned above, you can opt not to give us any information, even though this information may be necessary to use certain functionalities of our Website.
- You have the right to ask us which personal information we keep on you by contacting us on the address below (see ‘Contact’), upon which we will provide you with this information as soon as possible.
- We try to ensure that your personal information is relevant for the envisaged use and that it is accurate and complete.
- You can add or update information and close your account as described above. When you decide to close your account with Contraload, we will deactivate it and your profile information will no longer be visible.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
We want you to be able to use Contraload with confidence. Therefore, we will do whatever it takes to protect the information we collect. Even though no website can guarantee full security, we use appropriate physical, administrative, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information you have provided us with against unauthorised or illegal access, use or publication and against unintentional loss, damage, harm or destruction. Only authorised staff can access personal information and only for authorised business purposes. Furthermore, we use encryption when sending sensitive personal information about you between your system and ours or that of parties we share sensitive information with. We use firewalls and detection systems to prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
7. EXTERNAL LINK
8. INTERNAL TRANSFERS
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device automatically when visiting almost any website and that are saved by your internet browser. Cookies contain essential information on your internet behaviour except information that could identify you. Every time you visit a website, your browser sends the cookies back so the website can recognise your computer or your mobile device and can personalise and improve your use of this website.
Types of cookies
These are cookies placed by the website the user visits, that can only be read by this particular website.
Third party cookies are placed by a third party (i.e. an organisation that is not the manager of the website visited by the user). These cookies are mainly used by specialist marketing or analytical companies.
Session cookies are temporary cookies saved on the user’s browser. When the browser window is closed, the session cookies are deleted.
Persistent cookies are used for frequent visitors and are stored on the user’s browser for a certain period of time (usually one year or more). These cookies are not deleted when the browser is closed. This type of cookie is used to store the user’s preferred settings so that every time the user visits a site, the preferred settings are automatically activated.
Which types of cookies does Contraload use?
Analytical cookies and tailor-made cookies
Contraload may decide to use advertising cookies. Advertising cookies contribute to the fact that the advertising you see on our Website is as relevant to you as possible. For instance, some advertising cookies may help select advertising on the basis of your interests. Other advertising cookies help to prevent you from seeing the same advertising over and over again.
We can use advertising cookies of social network sites to make the sharing of Contraload’s content via social media as smooth as possible.
How can I adjust my cookie settings?
If you decide that cookies can no longer be stored on your browser, please be aware that you will no longer be able to use some of the more important functions on our Website.
If you wish to control or prevent that cookies are stored on your browser, you can change the settings of your browser so that you will receive an alert when cookies are being used or to block the storage of cookies entirely. You can also remove all cookies stored on your browser. The location of these settings depends on your browser. You can find this location by using the “Help” section.